24 Great pieces of information about Turkey
- Istanbul is the only city in the world located on two continents, Europe and Asia.
- Catalhoyuk is known as one of the earliest settlements in the Neolithic Age.
- Two of the world’s seven wonders are located in Turkey; Temple of Artemis, Halicarnassus Mausoleum.
- Virgin Mary in Selcuk, is a very popular pilgrimage site for Christians.
- The delicious reputation of the Turkish Coffee spread all around Europe in the 17th century.
- The word Turquoise comes from Turk, meaning Turkish, and was derived from the perfect blue of the Mediterranean Sea on the southern Turkish coast.
- The world’s greatest mosaic museum is Zeugma and the second greatest mosaic museum is Antakya in Turkey.
- The most valuable silk carpet in the world is in the Mevlana Museum in Turkey.
- Church of St.Peter is widely considered to be one of the earliest Christian houses of worship.
- Anatolia is the birthplace of many historical figures such as Phrygian King Midas, Herodotus, and St.Paul.
- Yogurt is one of the healthiest foods in existence and is derived from the original Turkish Yoghurt.
- Nicholas was born in Patara and served as the Bishop of Myra on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey.
- Mugla has the longest coast in Turkey, stretching from Bodrum to Fethiye and beyond.
- According to the Legend of Great Flood told in both the Quran and the Old Testament, Noah’s Ark landed on Mount Agri in eastern Anatolia.
- The seven churches mentioned in the Book of Revelation; Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamon, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea are all found in Turkey.
- Tulips were first introduced to Europe by the Ottomans and quickly became all the rage over there.
- Troy, where the Trojan wars recounted in the Iliad by Homeros of Smyrna, were fought is situated in a small village Tevfikiye of Canakkale in western Turkey.
- One of the first most accurate world maps were drawn by the well known Turkish cartographer and navigator Piri Reis in 1513.
Land of the Real History
- Sanliurfa is known to be the City of the Prophets where Prophet Abraham, Prophet Job, Prophet Elijah, and Prophet Jacob lived.
- Gobeklitepe Temple complex in southeast Turkey is the oldest ancient temple built by mankind anywhere in the world.
- Kayseri derives its name from Augustus Caesar when it was called Caesaris.
- The first coinage in human history began in Anatolia.
- 300 years ago somebody flew from Galata Tower in Istanbul.
- Turkey is one of the world’s largest yacht manufacturers.
Do you need a translator? Our services in Fethiye for you:
* Guidance services in Fethiye Turkish English
* Translation services in Fethiye Mugla
* Interpretation service
* Consultation services
Fethiye translation service provider fethiyetranslation.com web site awaits you!